Union Pacific Depot 1887 Christmas Bulb

$6.00

7 in stock

Description

In the middle 1800’s a single track poured “Life Blood” into a little village. The first passengers were transported in June1866 and then in 1887 a stone passenger station was constructed. After the turn of the Century in 1903 a boiler house was added and also a lime house. A Roadmaster office and 2 frame stone houses were added in 1906 and the next year a brick freight house was added. In 1909 a Stone Addition to the passenger station was constructed. The Railroad made it possible for Grain Shipments from Columbus’ rich Agricultural land to markets and ports on the United States. This is the Second Edition from the series Memories of Columbus, NE that came out in 1993.