Seventh Edition 1998 Archway Christmas Bulb

$6.00

4 in stock

Description

This Archway was located at 23rd Street and 23rd Avenue and was conceived and dedicated in 1940. It was made possible by the donation of pioneer merchant Theodore Friedhof. The Archway with the motto, Columbus “City of Power and Progress” welcomed visitors to the community. The figures on it represented an Indian and buffalo and a Prairie Schooner. These figures of early travel were combined with an Indian Brave, his Squaw and Papoose. In 1962 the Archway was removed due to widening of the highway. Designer late Frank Willsey of Omaha former L.P.P.D employee. Sculptor late Floyd Nichols of David City. This is the Seventh Edition from the series Memories of Columbus, NE that came out in 1998.